The power of ultra-telephoto. The versatility of all-in-one.
Powerful performance that exceeds your imagination. Introducing the world’s first ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom with a 22.2X zoom range. Now you can shoot everything from vast landscapes to details of a bird with a single lens. The latest optical design includes a complex series of elements including LD (Low Dispersion) glass and an aspherical lens. Problems like chromatic aberration and distortion are controlled throughout the entire zoom range, resulting in sharp, superior images-whether you’re shooting at wide-angle or telephoto. Capture thrilling close-up action in a snap.
- World’s first 22.2x ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens
- 620mm full-frame equivalent telephoto reach
- VC for confident telephoto shooting
- HLD means quick, accurate and quiet autofocus
- 1:2.9 Max. Mag. Ratio for versatile close-up capability
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory product
Excellent image quality across the entire zoom range, from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto and macro
The optical construction of the B028 consists of 16 lens elements in 11 groups. The use of specialized glass elements such as LD (Low Dispersion) and aspherical lens elements effectively minimizes wide-ranging aberrations, including chromatic aberrations and distortion, thereby assuring outstanding image quality. Optimum power distribution among the individual lens element groups achieves both the optical performance and the compact size necessary for an ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens that boasts 400mm focal length. Also, it enables tele-macro photography with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9.
Lightweight and compact design exhibits Tamron’s basic philosophy for all-in-one zoom lenses
Despite being an all-in-one zoom lens that achieves 400mm ultra-telephoto, Model B028 is light and compact with a total length of 4.8in. and a weight of 24.9oz. A new lens barrel design utilizing three-step extensions was developed to enable the necessary elongation to produce a 22.2x zoom ratio. Compared to the conventional approach, the division into a larger number of cams ensures comfortable operation and stability while zooming. Tamron’s philosophy for all-in-one zoom lenses is to allow each photographer to casually capture everyday photos with a lens of a practical size, and Model B028 fulfills this philosophy.
Equipped with the Vibration Compensation system necessary for ultra-telephotography at 400mm
Despite its compact size, Model B028 is equipped with Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) system, which effectively curbs camera shake under low light conditions (such as a dimly lit room or at dusk) and while taking ultra-telephoto pictures. This greatly expands opportunities for casual handheld shooting. The jitter-free stability of the viewfinder image allows for easier framing and enables the photographer to compose the subject quickly and comfortably.
User-friendly features for everyday comfortable use
With an eye toward active outdoor photography, Model B028 features Moisture-Resistant Construction to ensure worry-free shooting as well as confidence while shooting under adverse weather conditions. Also, the Zoom Lock mechanism prevents undesired movement of the lens barrel under its own weight when the camera is angled downward while walking.
- Focal Length: 18-400mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-6.3
- Angle of View (diagonal): 75 degrees 33′ – 4 degrees (for APS-C format)
- Optical Construction: 16 elements in 11 groups
- Minimum Object Distance: 17.7 in (0.45m)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Maximum Diameter: 79mm
- Length: for Canon 4.9 in (123.9mm); for Nikon 4.8 in (121.4mm)
- Weight: for Canon 25 oz (710g); for Nikon 24.9 oz (705g)
- Aperture Blades: 7 (circular diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture: F/22-40
- Image Stabilization Performance: 2.5 stops (CIPA Standards Compliant); (For Canon : EOS-80D is used / For Nikon: D7200 is used)
- Standard Accessories: Flower-shaped lens hood, Lens caps