Nikon AF-S FX Full Frame NIKKOR Lens
If you own a Mirrorless or DSLR camera, then you know having the right lens is crucial. Thankfully, there’s many excellent camera lenses available. Once outstanding example is the Nikon AF-S FX Full Frame NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED Fixed Lens with Auto Focus. This lens was designed to unleash the full power of your Nikon DSLR camera. It’s equipped with various camera technology, this includes an Aspherical Lens, Nano Crystal Coat, and Extra-low Dispersion glass. Once you see the high quality of the photos taken with this lens, you’ll be glad you added it to your camera equipment.
The Nikon AF-S FX Full Frame NIKKOR Lens was designed to create and capture all types of new photos and videos. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking photos of food, flowers, vehicles, jewelry, or instruments, this lens is capable of capturing photos with blurred backgrounds or foregrounds. It even excels at low lighting photography, so you can take photos no matter how bright or dark it is. Thanks to the lenses combination of Nano Crystal Coat, Extra-low Dispersion glass, and aspherical lens elements, it essentially eliminates ghosting, flares, and distortion, providing you with extreme sharpness and clarity.
BuyDig.com knows the ins and outs of the best Nikon lenses. Our dedicated and caring staff is always available to help consumers through the sometimes confusing buying process. We also have the knowledge and expertise to help shoppers find exactly what they’re looking for in a purchase. If you are unsure of which camera lens to purchase, please try calling our customer service center, and they will be happy to help you decide on the right lens for your camera, needs, and budget. If you have questions regarding the Nikon AF-S FX Full Frame NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED Fixed Lens with Auto Focus, contact us today, and see how our appreciation of shoppers leads to better deals on some of the best products on the market.
Get a broader view of the world.
With a fast wide-angle lens like the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED, you can create and capture exciting new types of photos and videos. Viewers are drawn into the dramatic wide perspective of landscapes, skyscrapers and interiors. Food, flowers, vehicles, jewelry, instruments and more jump off the frame against softly blurred backgrounds or foregrounds. Environmental portraits take on a dramatic new feeling with exaggerated depth of field. Whether you’re shooting a DX or FX format DSLR, for the artistry or to capture your passion, in daylight or at dusk, the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED will widen your creative capabilities.
Beautiful wide-angle images – Next-level optical performance
Unleash the full potential of your high-resolution Nikon DSLR. The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED’s combination of Nano Crystal Coat (N), Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and Aspherical (AS) lens elements produces extreme sharpness with virtually no ghosting, flare or distortion-even at the far edges of the frame. Marvel at every photo and video.
Multiple personalities – Versatility and speed
The combination of wide-angle perspective and a fast f/1.8 aperture opens exciting new shooting possibilities. Make your subject pop against a softly blurred background or foreground. Exaggerate depth-of-field simply by getting closer to your subject. Capture dramatic low-light sunsets or skyscrapers-even star trail photos-with outstanding image quality. Expand your horizons.
Build a fast prime lens system – Nikon’s full-frame f/1.8 prime lenses
Harness the same image quality, low-light capabilities and beautifully blurred backgrounds of the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED at other versatile focal lengths: 20mm for dramatic perspective and maximum depth-of-field, 28mm for travel and landscapes, 35mm for classic documentary views, 50mm for a natural perspective or 85mm for portraits. Only Nikon offers such a broad system of fast f/1.8 full-frame prime lenses.
- Aspherical Lens – A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass – An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- M/A – Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat – An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Rear Focusing System – A system in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enabling faster focusing. Such lenses are designated with RF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Super Integrated Coating – Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon’s term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Mount Type – Nikon F-Bayonet
Focal Length – 24mm
Maximum Aperture – f/1.8
Minimum Aperture – f/16
Format – FX/35mm
Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) – 61-degrees
Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) – 84-degrees
Maximum Reproduction Ratio – 0.2x
Lens Elements – 12
Lens Groups – 9
Compatible Format(s) – FX, DX
Diaphragm Blades – 7
Distance Information – Yes
Nano Crystal Coat – Yes
ED Glass Elements – 2
Aspherical Elements – 2
Super Integrated Coating – Yes
Autofocus – Yes
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) – Yes
Minimum Focus Distance – 0.75 ft. (0.23m)
Focus Mode – AF, Manual
Rear Focusing – Yes
G-type – Yes
Filter Size – 72mm
Accepts Filter Type – Screw-on
Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length) – 3.1 in. (77.5 mm) x 3.3 in. (83.0 mm) Based on CIPA Guidelines
Approx. Weight – 12.6 oz. (355 g) Based on CIPA Guidelines